Kingsthorpe Plumbing & Heating
by David Roberts
01604 930837

Your enquiry
Your email address

Contact Us


Gas safety certificates are issued by Gas Safe registered engineers to confirm that gas appliances are working safely

After your gas appliance has been installed or serviced, your Gas Safe registered engineer will give you a gas safety certificate. This certificate tells you that the gas appliance is safe and the work meets the safety standards.

It will also tell you when you next need to service the appliance. Getting your appliances serviced every year is vital to its safety and efficiency

Gas safety certificates for tenants

Tenants must get a copy of the gas safety certificate for their property from their landlord. This certificate shows that gas appliances have been safety checked and serviced every year by a registered engineer.

Ask your landlord for a copy of the gas safety certificate and check the date. Make sure you understand your landlord’s legal responsibilities.

Gas safety certificates for landlords

By law, landlords must provide up-to-date gas safety certificates to their tenants. This certificate shows the tenant appliances have been serviced and the property is gas safe. Make sure you know your legal responsibilities as a landlord.

The ‘Landlord Gas Safety Record’ is often referred to as a ‘Gas Safety Certificate’ or ‘CP12’ form. Gas Safe Register does not produce its own gas safety certificate but many retailers produce these certificates.

As a landlord, you must have a gas safety check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer on all of your properties every year.

Gas safety certificates for home owners

New homebuyers should be given a copy of the gas safety certificate by their vendor or you should arrange to get appliances checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Make sure you get the gas safety certificate from the vendor before moving in